Friday, October 15, 2010

Comeback, again

By the time I got home today and flipped on Game 1 of the ALCS, the Rangers had jumped out to a 3-0 lead (it was really more like a suggestion by Texas, hoping the Yanks would see their need, and go along). It didn't work out that way.
Back in June, I took one of my sons to see the Yankees in Los Angeles, interleague play with the Dodgers.   I was thrilled to see Andy Pettitte throw, Posada catch, A-Rod at 3rd, and Jeter. I spent a little and got two  Field Level seats, halfway between 3rd and left field. It was a great day, a full stadium, nice to be taking in a game with my son. Fast forward: 9th inning, everything's great-Dodgers winning, we're watching a couple of classic teams, Dodgers are winning...Dodgers are not winning, the Yankees have come from behind and killed us, 8-6. So when The Rangers went up 5-0, I thought, "well, this should be interesting". The fans in Arlington were so excited, so sincere, so unaccustomed to being in the situation they now found themselves in-at home, beating a great team, everything going our way. Yankees win 6-5. Standard. Look at the faces of the Rangers players, then look at the Yankees; there is such a tangible difference, the Rangers look like high schoolers. They'll need to win one at home tomorrow in order to have any chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment