Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Greatest Game-say what?

The hardest thing about the World Series is that it ends. And you find that yes, it is football season. I hate football season. Well, maybe except on those years where one of our way-cool offspring points out that the Super Bowl is gonna be on, and that means we need to make guacamole! Yup. That's the best thing about football-that it frequently goes away in a blur of guacamole.
It used to be, that when I'd unashamedly open my pie hole and express a known truth, that Baseball is the greatest game, some fat football fan would disagree in some typically football dude not-eloquent way. I'd attempt to explain my side, and try to show the lummox the error of his ways. My last ditch attempt-my hail Mary, if you will (another good football thing, other than guac, is that you sometimes get to say hail Mary without being in a church-always a plus!) is to suggest to the sub one hundred fellow that he obtain a copy of Game Six of the 1975 Series, watch it, and then come back and tell me how football is a greater game that baseball. Well, of course you never hear from him again.
Tonight, as it turns out, I have an ace in the hole. For if it were to happen that a dude actually did return to take up the debate, even after seeing the proof of the '75 Series, I now possess the nuclear option in this argument: obtain a copy of Game Six of the 2011 World Series, watch it, and then...well you get the idea. Wow, what a game. The Greatest Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment